Just a list of things, since I am really too tired to elaborate:
1. Going shopping for groceries and other staples is becoming a big hassle. I went to W*lmart (please keep your opinions to yourself about this store,ok) tonight and got food, and other items. Princess came along but wasn’t much help – she used some her allowance money to buy a toy, and she paid for it separately. Then, as I am going through the checkout, she was too busy checking out her new toy to help me load up the cart until the very end. Not that it really matters normally, but now that I’m feeling very unwieldy and VERY sore, her help really matters when Hubby can’t be there with me.
2. While at the store, I also looked for some bigger bras to wear now that my regular bras are cutting into my skin from my expanding size. In the fitting room, it was alarming to see how comically my tummy is protruding now. Really. It’s something else. I’m carrying WAY out front.
3. I am sore. All over. I really need to go and get that massage I’ve been promising myself for weeks. Hubby will rub my back if I ask him to, but will get tired after 20-30 minutes. I would rather pay someone to do it for 2 hours and just relax and enjoy!!!
4. I am exhausted.
5. I bought some really cute maternity panties. They are bikinis and they have little beaded things on the front. One says “rock a bye baby”, and the other says “baby new year”.
6. My feet hurt a lot too.
7. I miss my hubby, who has been out snowplowing since 6:00 a.m., and it is now 9:00 p.m. I appreciate him doing this side work, though because it helps us take care of some of the remaining financial stuff we wanted to do before the baby comes. We need so many things around here. Looks like we’re going to have to get a new fridge, I need new tires, and there’s about $200-$300 of repairs we need to do to the van. Not to mention all the things we may need to get yet for the baby.
8. This list is longer than I thought it would be, and getting longer.
9. I’m in a Tom Petty phase. I love the song “You Don’t Know How it Feels” —
Let me get to the point
Let’s roll another joint
And let’s head on down the road
There’s somewhere I gotta go
And you don’t know how it feels
You don’t know how it feels
To be me…..
I don’t roll joints…but I still like this song! It makes me happy when I’m feeling kind of crappy (like right now).
10. 8 weeks to go till my baby is due to arrive!!! I can’t wait. Can you?
11. I want to say, I appreciate my sister-in-law so much. She has taken the reins to throw me a baby shower here in Michigan, and she’s put so much work into it. Just another example of what a great sister and friend she is. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
12. I am also blessed with my best friend Kitty & all my wonderful sisters, all working on a baby shower for me in Cincinnati, which will be next weekend with my family. I don’t care so much about the party and the presents, but I am excited about seeing all my family. I miss them!
13. I really must stop. I have a few things to do, then I must crash and sleep.
14. Since I can’t end on #13, I will just add that I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!